Carrot cake is one of my favorite things...it combines my favorite spices and the outcome is just...a perfect combination of taste, smell and texture (the best carrot cake has to be moist)!
So I found a recipe which I changed a little: In this post i will use the changed version, the one I used myself!
Music Suggestion: Carrot Cake & Wine by Stereophonics
Decoration Suggestion: If you do not like cream cheese icing, go for some maple syrup and pecans
For the carrot cake you need:
500 gr carrots peeled and cut into pieces
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I put more)
1 tsp gloves (in powder)
1 Tbsp orange zest
3/4 cups pecans
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup walnut oil ( I used ground nut oil)
For the frosting:
200 gr cream cheese
65 gr butter
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp almond extract
400 ml icing sugar
1. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt & the spices
2. Chop the carrots in the food processor
(they have to be like this:)
3. In the food processor now put the eggs, the sugar...
4. and add the oils slowly slowly..
5. Add the egg, sugar, oils mixture to the flour mix
6. Add the chopped carrots, the nuts (some people also add raisins)
7. Pour the batter in a pan and bake for 50 min at 180° C
8. The Frosting: beat the butter(room temperature) 3 min add the cream cheese, gradually add sugar, vanilla and almond extract. (If you need more liquid you can use he juice of half lemon)
Put the frosting in the fridge.
Optional: Some food color...
Some marzipan;) to make decoration carrots!
From the heart,