Monday, September 6, 2010

Apple crisp pie

Every year in September I have the same thoughts...and the same smell in my memory...
For some reason it smells like apples, cinnamon and my mom's love. I am sure you have never
eaten better apple pie, than the one your mothers make, and I agree...My mother's apple crisp pie is the best I have ever had, or will ever have because in my mind it will never be just an apple pie...every bite of it brings to my memory loads of love, caring, laughters and chilled autumns that my mom's warmth have always made milder...and for making me loving the warmth of one's home I dedicate this recipe to her and her kind heart:)

I love you mom...

What you need:

For the dough:
250 gr. melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 lemon (its juice)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Flour...around 3cups but depends on how the dough feels like (instructions following)

For the filling:
5-6 apples medium size
1 cup sugar
1-3 Tbsp cinnamon (depending on your love for it)



1. Clean, smell and peel your apples:)



2. Cut them and then grate them



3. Add 1 cup sugar and cinnamon..



4. And let them be while you prepare the dough...




5. Melt the butter



6. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and keep it in a cup



7. In a clean bowl put the other 1 cup of sugar and on top pour the melted butter



8. In the cup of lemon juice mix the 1tsp of baking soda and pour quickly into the bowl with the butter as it is becoming foam.




9. Now you start adding the flour and you have something like this...well keep adding until...



10. It becomes like that...so crumbs and crumbs...Once your dough is ready....put half of it in
a layer in the pan you are using...



11. And then spread the apple mix



12. And last the rest of the dough.... bake until golden brown..35-40 min even more...at 180° C


Now I have to inform you that I forgot to take a pic when took it out of the oven..so this was the closest to a ready one I had...


Caution! My mom's apple pie you have to eat with a cup of great coffee, milk or tea and in the presence of someone who loves you, to share with!



From the heart,
Anna



1 comment:

  1. Nami:) I have today desert now! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete