Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lemon loaf soft and moist!


Sorry I am late:)

Dew to the huge amount of pics I have taken lately, I did not have space in my disc anymore! That made my cooking-photographing life difficult! But NOT anymore!

I am back with one of the most delicious loafs I have had lately and in my life in general:)

Loafs, remind me of bread and breads I love!
It is moist fresh and goes perfect with coffee:) especially morning coffee!

What you need:

320 gr. or 3 cups of caster sugar
3 eggs
the zest of 2 lemons
350 gr flour (all-purpose is fine)
1 1/2 tsp baking powdr
1 tsp salt
250 ml whole milk (it makes difference if you use low fat)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I put more;)
200 gr melted butter 

1. Beat the sugar, eggs and lemon zest in your mixer, until well mixed.


2. Like this:)

3. IMPORTANT NOTE: You need 2 different bowls (let's name them A & B). In bowl A you put the flower (sifted), the baking powder and the salt. In bowl B you put the milk and the vanilla extract. Add the 1/3 of the flour mix into the mixer and then 1/3 of the milk mixture. Do that until both bowls are empty (please ask if this is not clear).


4. Melt the butter



5. And add it like a ribbon to the rest of the mix...



6. Beat until smoothly combined and pour the mixture in a 23x13 cm loaf tin! Bake in a preheated oven at 170° for 1 hour and 15 min 

7.  I love when cakes pop up;) 

P.S. I just love this cake, the smell - the texture - the appearance, please eat it tenderly! 

From the heart,
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment